Sunday, February 23, 2014

Five Minute Friday {On a Sunday}



So small is the sun as we look up with hopeful eyes. yet it's vastness is mind boggling

So small the little minds and hands and hearts that learn and tug and seek. Their grandness could make us weep.
So small the stars that light the night sky, we want to pull them down and keep them in our pocket. 
Sometimes small is large and it makes us grin ear to ear!
Sometimes small is large and it calms our hearts.
Sometimes small is grand and we fight back tears. 
The way he touches the small of my back or gives me that knowing grin.
The way my first born still settles in next to me, after all these years.
The way my baby squeals with joy at my sight.
All seemingly small ways with grand impact. 
So at the end of the day we offer up our praise in small voices. And the grandness of God brings us to our knees. 

I am linking up with the most terrific Lisa Jo Baker for her Five Minute Friday challenge, where she encourages us to write out our hearts for 5 minutes just because we love to write. No editing, no thinking too much, just writing. You can check out what it's all about here!

1 comment:

  1. I love this - especially the ending! Thanks Jimmie Lee!

    ReplyDelete