Wednesday, October 1, 2014

{31 Days} of Thriving

I am joining in for the first time with The Nester and a ton of other brilliant people for her 31 Days of writing challenge. If you want to know more about 31 Days, click here!

Scroll down to read {Day 1}

{Day 2.0}

{Day 3.0}

{Day 4.0 & 5.0}

{Day 6.0}

{Day 7.0}

{Day 8.0}

{Day 9.0}

{Day 10.0}

{Day 11.0}

{Day 13.0 & 14.0}

{Day 15.0 & 16.0}


A Synopsis 
Last year, I decided to pick a word for my 29th year. The word I chose was, ROOTED. My basis for choosing the word rooted was that I wanted to be that beautiful 80 year woman at the front of the church who prays for everyone and is on fire for Jesus. My idea was that I want to be so rooted in Chist, that the above description would be the end result. What that word really taught me was that before I can be rooted, God had some roots to dig out and get rid of. And so I came out of my 29th year with fresh roots to build my foundation on. I was like a little flower bud starting to bloom. 
As I approached my 30th year, I knew I wanted to choose another word again. I wasn't quite sure what it would be on the day I turned 30. Several days later, the word was written on my heart. For my 30th year I am choosing the word, THRIVE. So it only made sense to write for 31 days on thriving. 

For starters, take a listen to this song by Casting Crowns. 



My very well thought out plan (that's sarcasm right there folks) is to post each day about my journey to thrive, not just survive. I have high hopes to stick with this 31 days of writing. In the end it may look nothing like I planned, but my prayer is that God has his way in teaching me how to thrive!

Will you come back tomorrow for Day #2 ? 

Thanks for reading! 
Much Love,
~jimmie lee

4 comments:

  1. I like this! I'm also always thinking, "I need to be rooted, anchored...not tossed all over the place flailing," and at other times thinking, "scraping by doesn't seem like God would want it." so this resonates with me a lot. press on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sees you, he hears you and he is with you, Pam

      Delete
  2. So glad to see you writing again and doing the 31 day challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat, I am going to try really hard to stick with it for 31 days!!!

      Delete