Sunday, October 5, 2014

Areas of Improvement {Day 4.0 & 5.0}

{Day 4.0}

One thing that is true about me is I am passionate about personal growth. There is always room for improvement. This is something that is important to me. I try to wake up every day and take better steps toward the future. I don't look at personal growth like "I am not good enough, I need to change" anymore.  Now my perspective is more like "It is important for me to be the best me for my people." When I am the best me I can be then I can influence everyone around me to do the same! 
So I thought it prudent to address some of the areas in my life that need a little progress toward thriving.

1. More dates! 
I need to carve out more time to date my husband. We both have jobs, are involved in ministry, have hobbies we love and we have two boys! Plus, we both love our down time. And we enjoy our kids, so often times we don't make dates a priority. This needs to start, stat! ;)
I also need to start dating my kids. I need to make it a priority to spend one on one time with them with the soul purpose of just focusing on them. 

2. House keeping…
I'll keep this short and simple. I am not a home maker. I lack in the domestic housewife department. I used to let that bring me down but… my husband is happy and my kids are happy so, it doesn't bother me anymore. Well, I try not to let it bother me anymore. So that said, I may never conquer house keeping but I would like to get to a place of thriving… not surviving in this area.

3. Relationships
I have built up friendships over the last year that I didn't have before. I want to thrive in each of these relationships. So, I want to get better at reaching out more and meeting up more often. Not one of my friendships looks the same. Thats what I love about how God brings friends together. I want to get better at speaking life into those around me and building up by cultivating kindness.

I'll just start with three areas, as progress is made other things fall into place. Again thats what I love about God and living in relationship to him. He goes before me and stands behind me!

What are some areas you might need to look at to get to a place of thriving?
Remember thriving is a process but if you have things you can change, start small. 



----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Day 5.0}

Encouragement for your day. 
We were made to thrive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment