Monday, October 6, 2014

Thriving Today {Day 6.0}

Sometimes thriving looks like it did today. Moving through the day fluidly with an uplifted spirit. Work, board meeting, home, dinner, dishes, laundry, relaxing and spending time with my people. 

Sometimes thriving looks different. Staying in my pj's all day, cuddling with my toddler, sleeping in, drinking coffee and reading books. 

Since I started focusing on the idea of thriving a few months ago, most of my days are filled with encouragement, happiness and joy. Even when things gets rough, or too much to handle, I don't let it get me in funk. I push through it, trying to figure it out, coming up with solutions instead of sulking for days. 

Things that are helping me thrive through my days:
Being more optimistic; looking for the positives
Trying to be more of a life giver
Making connections
Knowing when to rest
Less of the comparison trap
Counting my blessings
Being more intentional
Knowing my purpose
Knowing who God made me to be
Learning what I need
Recognizing my strengths
Taking it one day at time
Believing what the people who love me, say about me. 
Getting stronger everyday

I will be talking more in depth about these things through out this 31 day process. 

Thanks for following along!
Love,
~jimmie lee

No comments:

Post a Comment